The A-Designs EM-PEQ has captured the essence of the Pultec EQP-1A and contained it in the compact and popular 500-Series format. The A-Designs EM-PEQ faithfully preserves the EQ section design, control layout, and wonderfully smooth musicality of the original Pultec. It also has the same frequency settings and inductors that made the Pultec a must-have for accurately capturing and shaping the sound spectrum, especially the bottom end. The high band is attenuated at 5k, 10k, 20kHz; bandwidth and boost can be varied mid to high band at 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k, 10k, 12k, 16kHz; and, of course, the low band can be boosted and/or attenuated at 20Hz, 30Hz, 60Hz, or 100Hz. Boost and attenuation can be adjusted from 0dB to ±10dB.
Additional features of the A-Designs EM-PEQ include a nickel-core Cinemag output transformer, gold Grayhill rotary switches, Wima capacitors, and a true hard-wired bypass; plus, instead of using common off-the-shelf chokes, A-Designs uses a custom tapped Cinemag inductor wound to precisely the same values as the original Pultec.
Along with the classic EQ circuitry, layout, and exceptionally musical sound of the EQP-1A, the EM-PEQ offers fully balanced, noise-free performance and modern impedance specs for easy operation and fast studio integration. Makeup amplification is achieved through the use of the same discrete Class AB amplifier found in A-Designs Audio’s immensely popular solid-state Pacifica mic preamp—putting a slightly unique and modern twist on the classic design of yesteryear.
Unlike any other 500-Series equalizer, the A-Designs EM-PEQ sits on the extreme end of the “character” bench. It is the perfect tool to shape what cannot be fixed by so-called “surgical” EQs, the elusive magic of musicality.
The EM-PEQ is an approved API™ VPR Alliance product and requires 48V to operate. Please check your power rack for this feature before purchasing an EM-PEQ.
A-Designs EM-PEQ Features
- The first and only Pultec-style equalizer in the 500-Series format
- Three-band EQ with the same control layout as original Pultec
- Fully balanced, noise-free performance and modern impedance specs
- Same frequency settings and inductors as original Pultec make it a must-have for capturing bottom end
- Excels at tracking, mixing and mastering—a truly magical EQ!
- Perfectly compatible with API lunchbox (or A-Designs 500HR rack)
- True hard-wired bypass
- A-Designs proprietary-wound tapped Inductor
- A-Designs proprietary nickel alloy output transformer
- Quick and easy studio integration
- Wima capacitors