Dual Mono-Stereo, Pure Class A Opto-Compressor
The Avalon AD2044 Pure Class A opto-compressor is the most transparent, low noise optical-compressor available today. Designed to optimize absolute signal integrity and musical performance, the AD2044 combines advanced electronics with sonic excellence unequaled by lesser designs. The AD2044 is the perfect solution for two buss music-program compression, mastering applications, mono bass and instruments. Features include state-of-the-art, balanced 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers, practical "real-world" user features and rugged hardware designed to deliver true high performance audio for many years.
LINEAR OPTICAL COMPRESSION
Computer matched, high speed linear opto elements provide the non invasive passive attenuator system for invisible gain reduction. The AD2044 incorporates a unique external control loop and current monitored optical driver for smooth control plus the benefits of traditional vintage LDR (light dependant resistor) compression.
MINIMUM SIGNAL PATH DESIGN
Avalon's advanced true symmetry design offers highvoltage, large headroom, extended bandwidth and very low noise. The use of 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers offer the serious music professional unlimited sonic character and a natural harmonic detail that enhances the program material and becomes one with the music itself.
The AD2044 can be found in the world's leading recording studio's, mastering facilities and artist/producers outboard racks. These professionals rely on the AD2044 daily to help them complete their "sonic signature" and turn recordings into musical masterpieces.
- Smooth musical detail and sonic excellence
- Minimum audio signal path
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Dual mono or Stereo operation
- Transparent, non-invasive compression
- Very low noise -94dB
- High headroom +30dB
- Fully balanced inputs and outputs
- DC coupled, no transformers in audio path
- Variable threshold, ratio, attack & release
- Large accurate professional VU meters
- Wide bandwidth -3dB 1Hz to 450kHz
- Low distortion less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- External side-chain access XLR
- All signal routing with sealed silver relays
- 100% discrete power supplies for audio path
- External 150W toroidal power supply
- Long lasting, stainless steel hardware