Master Preamp & Input Processor
Complete High Performance Channel Strip
With more and more studios foregoing consoles in favor of recording and mixing "in the box", a clean and versatile front end input stage is indispensible. There are dozens and dozens of channel strips and similar devices to choose from, but none that come close to the Channel in terms of sound, features or performance.
Our legendary Model 230 has been re-imagined as the Channel, adding a host of new features to address a greater number of workflows while retaining the sound, functionality and versatility that made the 230 one of the most in-demand processors ever for professional audio, live sound, broadcast and post production.
Channel incorporates seven powerful devices within a compact, single rack space design, including five of Aphex's exclusive patented technologies. The result is the highest possible audio quality, processing power and flexibility.
The elegant front panel not only looks great, but is laid out in an intuitive, easy-to-use workflow with easy to understand labeling. Building on the foundation of the Model 230, the Channel features an instrument input, dedicated output and gain reduction metering, front panel sample rate and clock source selection; and a reference quality internal clock.
Patented Reflected Plate Amplifier (RPA) Tube Preamp
- Ultra-wide bandwidth, maximum gain and headroom
- Lower operating temperature than conventional tube designs for longer tube life
- Individually tuned at the Aphex factory for unparalleled consistency: any two units are a matched pair
EasyRider Class A Compressor
- Aphex's patented Wave Dependent Compressor automatically adjusts attack and release times according to program complexity
- No-Knee compression curve circuitry automatically adjusts compression ratio based on program levels
- Includes Aphex's 1001 Class A Voltage Controlled Attenuator, used in the Compellor and Dominator
- Logic Assisted Gate: Patented gate technology designed to avoid false triggers, clicks and chattering
- De-Esser: Split band universal de-esser designed to maintain presence while dramatically reducing sibilance on any voice
- Aural Exciter: Patented technology for increased presence and clarity with improved detail and intelligibility
- Big Bottom: Patented technology for deeper and more resonant bass with little or no increase in peak output
- Parametric EQ: For the ability to precisely fine tune the all-important midrange between the Big Bottom and Aural Exciter
For more information, visit Aphex.