Avid PRE is a high-performance, remote-controllable microphone preamp, enabling you to record performances in pristine-quality sound from anywhere in your studio.
What is Avid PRE?
Avid PRE is a high-performance, remote-controllable microphone preamp, enabling you to record performances in pristine-quality sound from anywhere in your studio. The 8-channel interface features eight matched-transistor mic preamp circuits, provides a transparent signal path, and easily accommodates your mic, line, and direct instrument (DI) level inputs. Pair it with a Pro Tools | HD family system to achieve the highest sound quality or standalone.
Whether you’re using PRE with a Pro Tools | HD family system or as a standalone mic preamp, you’ll get great sound quality with all mic, line and direct input signals you send through it.
- 8 high-performance, matched-transistor, hybrid microphone pre-amplification circuits
- Support for mic (XLR), direct instrument (DI), and line level inputs (1/4")
- Each channel includes a high pass filter, phase reverse, 48V (phantom power), and -18 dB pad
- Fully remote-controllable using Pro Tools | HD Software or an Avid control surface; allows for the highest fidelity by keeping low-level signals close to the source
- Selectable impedance matching for mic, line, or instrument inputs
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports for remote operation
- All features supported in standalone mode, making PRE an ideal analog front end for any recording system
- Circuit topology: Discrete Matched Transistor Hybrid
- Input Gain: 0 dB to +69 dB in ~3 dB steps, with -18 dB pad engaged; -18 dB to +51 dB
- Maximum input level: +47 dBu, pad in, @ 1 kHz, < 0.1% THD
- Mic E.I.N (unweighted): -128 dB @ 66 dB gain (20 Hz to 20 kHz) 150 ohm
- THD+N: < 0.0005% @ 1 kHz, 0 dB gain @ 20 dB signal; < 0.001% (20 Hz to 20 kHz), 0 dB gain @ 0 dB signal
- CMMRR: < -75 dB @ 1 kHz, 140 mVcm, +6 dB gain
- Crosstalk: < -90 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Frequency response: ±0.1 dB; 20 Hz to 20 kHz, @ +48 dB gain
- Input impedance (Input Z): 1.5 kohm (low); 15 kohm (mid); 1.5 Mohm (high)
- Phantom power: 48V +/- 1V
- High pass filter: -3 dB @ 85 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Maximum output level: +29 dBu, balanced, @ 1 kHz, < 0.1% THD
- 110/220 Volt 60/50 Hz (auto-sensing)
- AC Line Current = 6A
- 400 Watt Maximum
- Width: 19 in / 48.26 cm
- Height 3.5 in / 8.89 cm
- Depth: 15.63 in / 39.69 cm
- Weight: 14.53 lbs / 6.59 kg