Avid Pro Tools HD Native Systems
Avid Pro Tools HD Native Systems
Avid Pro Tools HD Native is a new generation of Pro Tools | HD system that enables you to compose, record, edit, and mix music and/or sound for picture—with great speed and ease.
Avid Pro Tools HD Native?
Avid Pro Tools HD Native is a new generation of Pro Tools | HD system that enables you to compose, esellerecord, edit, and mix music and/or sound for picture—with great speed and ease. Consisting of an HD Native Thunderbolt interface or PCIe core card, Pro Tools HD | Software, and Pro Tools | HD Series interface, Pro Tools | HD Native harnesses the power of your Mac or PC to deliver pristine sound, incredible performance, and the lowest latency of any host-based DAW.
A complete Pro Tools | HD Native system is comprised of the following:
Choice of HD Native Thunderbolt interface or PCIe card
Unlike USB- or FireWire-based DAWs, which are inherently prone to latency, Pro Tools | HD Native employs either a high-speed Thunderbolt interface or PCIe core card to connect Pro Tools HD | Series interfaces with your laptop or desktop computer. By eliminating distracting monitor latency while recording, increasing your I/O capabilities, and providing 64-bit floating-point processing for more headroom and a higher mix resolution, you get a professional native solution that meets the highest audio standards.
Pro Tools | HD Software
Award-winning Pro Tools | Software has been the industry-standard digital audio production platform for years. The software tightly integrates your HD Native hardware and computer together as one, delivering exceptional performance and reliability—even with large mixes. And it comes with all the tools, advanced workflows, virtual instruments, and plug-ins you need to compose, record, edit, and mix music and/or sound for picture.
One or more Pro Tools | HD Series interfaces
Capture and play back audio in stunning clarity and easily work with a wide range of analog and digital gear. Whether you want to streamline your setup with an all-in-one interface, provide mic or MADI connectivity, or need a tightly integrated, flexible system that can handle complex productions with up to 64 channels of I/O, there’s a Pro Tools | HD Series interface that’s right for you—choose one or more to complete your system and customize it for your needs.
- Harness the power of your desktop or laptop computer with your choice of Thunderbolt interface or PCIe card
- Attain the lowest latency and highest performance of any native digital audio workstation
- Capture and play back audio with pristine clarity using a Pro Tools | HD Series interface
- Work with industry-standard Pro Tools | HD software in a lower-cost solution for projects that don’t require the DSP acceleration of Pro Tools | HDX
- Create bigger sessions with up to 256 audio tracks and up to 64 channels of I/O
- Get the ideal tracking experience and set-and-forget direct monitoring with an integrated low-latency monitor mode
- Boost your capabilities with advanced automation, surround mixing, input monitoring, AFL/PFL solo, destructive punch, and other professional features
- Conveniently monitor every detail with the audiophile-grade headphone out, which provides enough gain to drive high impedance headphones (Thunderbolt interface only)
- Get better sounding mixes with AAX Native plug-ins, plus Automatic Delay Compensation on hardware and software inserts
- Share sessions with Pro Tools | HDX and other Pro Tools | HD users without any loss of data
- Synchronize to timecode and video reference, with frame-edge accuracy, when using Pro Tools | SYNC HD (sold separately)
- Take hands-on control over your mixes using Artist Series or Avid Pro Mixing consoles and control surfaces
- Get total flexibility—work with Mac or Windows, Pro Tools | HD Software or third-party software, and more
Compare Pro Tools | HD family
Pro Tools | HDX
Pro Tools | HD Native
Pro Tools | HD Accel
|Simultaneous Voices||256 (up to 768 total)||256||96 (up to 192 total)|
|Audio tracks*||256/128/64 (up to 768 total)||256/128/64||96/48/18 (up to 512 total)|
|Latency**||0.7 ms||1.7 ms||0.96 ms|
|Channels of I/O||64 (up to 256 total)||64||32 (up to 160 total)|
|16,383 samples||16,383 samples||4,096 samples|
|Processing depth||32-bit floating point||32-bit floating point||24-bit fixed|
|Mixer depth||64-bit floating point||64-bit floating point||48-bit fixed|
|DSP power||18 x 350 MHz processors (T1)||n/a (CPU host)||9 x 200 MHz processors (56k)|
* Audio tracks based on sample rates of 48/96/192 kHz, respectively. Installing additional cards will increase track counts to the maximum allowable.
** Latency calculated using a 96 kHz sample rate with a 64-sample buffer. Tests run using Pro Tools | HDX and Pro Tools | HD Native with Pro Tools | HD I/O, and Pro Tools|HD Accel with 192 I/O.
- Pro Tools | HD Native Thunderbolt interface or PCIe card
- Pro Tools | HD Software activation card (all software requires download)—covers:
- Pro Tools | HD Software
- Bundled virtual instruments, sound processing, and utility plug-ins
- User guides
- iLok USB Smart Key (for software authorization)
- Registration card and software activation cards
- 12-feet DigiLink Mini cable for Pro Tools | HD Series interface connection
- DigiLink to DigiLink Mini adapter for older Pro Tools interface connection
- Your choice of Pro Tools | HD Series interface